1-2 December 2023
Cape CrossFit | The Factory Pier Place, Heerengracht St, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
After a hugely successful Event #3 in Somerset West we are excited to see it all unfold in the CCF GAMES FINAL at The Factory!
NEXT UP - EVENT #4 "THE FINALS", 1-2nd of December 2023:
FRIDAY 1st INDIVIDUAL:
- Max Olympic Total with a "Weightlifting Meet" Structure!
- 2a) Pure Cardio Tester.
- 2b) "Simple" Gymnastic Movement & Fitness Tester 2A & 2B will be two scoring opportunities but on a running timer.
SATURDAY 3rd, TEAM of 4 (FFMM):
- 3 Station AMRAP with some NEW Toys thrown into the mix.
- "2009" a 2 Scoring Opportunity: 20min & 09s AMRAP with a Double Cardio BUY-IN (one score) and Fun Synchro Movements in remainder (second score).
- "14 YEARS", a 14min Capped WOD containing 3 straight forward movements where the team gets to run together towards the finish line!
*NB: RX = 2 Women + 2 Men. Any other constellation = Scaled Scores).
REMINDERS FOR THE CCF GAMES STRUCTURES!
The INDIVIDUAL Event will be part of a 4-event series where winners walk away with glory and some prize money, see below.
The TEAM Event is also be part of a 4-event series where you represent your box by JUST SHOWING UP. Every person from a specific CCF Box = points for the box where the winning box after 4 weeks wins some epic prizes, see below.
So grab your box buddies and sign up for both the Individual and the Team events, we can't wait to get all 3 CCF-boxes together again!
WHAT IS THE CCF GAMES?
We started this last year and just like then this will be a 4-event series where we rotate between the 3 CCF-boxes as a venue each month (see schedule below) and do an Individual Event on the Friday night plus a TEAM Event on the Saturday morning.
Both of these events are programmed so that ANYONE can take part at their own level that's why we call the entry levels "ALL INCLUSIVE", and especially the Team Events are more about communication and FUN than they are about “highly complex movements”.
NB: Simple doesn't mean easy though, expect to build some proper fitness with the WOD's we have planned for this years CCF GAMES.
WHO CAN TAKE PART?
Literally EVERYONE. This year we will charge a small fee, see below, which will help us cover our admin costs for CaptureFit leaderboard AND allow us to put together a cool little prize pool for winning individual athletes + a super cool prize for the winning CCF-Box!
CCF Members are also allowed to bring friends, with or without CrossFit experience (we'll help modify as needed like we always do), and your friends would also count for the “participation points” explained below which can help YOUR home box win the “CCF Games Box Cup 2023”!
CCF GAMES BOX CUP?
Like mentioned above we intend to use the registration fees to both create a small prize pool for the individual athletes, but also a “Grand Prize” for the winning CCF Box! Finding theLike mentioned above we intend to use the registration fees to both create a small prize pool for the individual athletes, but also a “Grand Prize” for the winning CCF Box! Finding the winners will be relatively easy: The Box that has the highest percentage participation across all 4 of the CCF Games Events wins. We count participation-% based on the total members in the box vs how many showed up.
What's the GRAND PRIZE? Not only will you get the glory of being the winning box, you will also get:
- A specialised “CCF Games Box Cup Winners 2023” t-shirt for EVERY team member that took part in ALL 4 TEAM-events in the CCF Games series!
- The Floating “CCF Games Box Cup”-trophy to keep at your home box until the next series in 2024!
The Team Events will be structured differently each month and this time we will have Teams of 4 athletes, 2 Female & 2 Male = RX.
Cost for each for the TEAM FINAL event will be ZERO RANDS - we want to make it a proper community throwdown with ALL of our members throwing down!
"CCF GAMES BOX CUP" LEADERBOARD AFTER 3 out of 4 events:
- CCF 7130, 96p
- CCF Foreshore, 80p
- CCF Southern Suburbs, 50p
CCF GAMES INDIVIDUALS
These events will take place on the Friday night for each CCF Games weekend and even though it will be a “Competition”-structure it wont be that different than our regular Bonfire-classes in terms of volume - and just like in those we will also have modification options for all movements = EVERYONE can take part.
ALL CCF Members can take part, regardless if they joined the first leg of the series or not!
Cost for each INDIVIDUAL EVENT will be R50.00pp - 50% of that will go to the prize pool where the top ranked 3 Women & Men will share the prize pool after the 4 Events!
(NB: CCF Coaches can not win any cash prizes).
INDIVIDUAL LEADERBOARD AFTER #1
- Alyson Scheepers (CCF Foreshore), 300p
- Coach Sasha (CCF Foreshore), 283p
- Yvette Spamer (CCF 7130), 270p
- Coach Ashty (CCF Foreshore), 194p
- Sam Schoeman (CCF7130), 184p
- Coach DuToit (CCF7130), 300p
- Callyn de Waal (CCF Foreshore), 280p
- Ewert Du Preez (CCF7130), 266p
- Coach Rueben (CCF Foreshore), 260p
- Rouxinol “Cocas” Muatelembe (CCF Foreshore), 194p
For any event related queries, please email email@example.com