14 Oct 2023
The purpose of the event is to raise awareness on the importance of breast cancer screening, as well as raising funds for mammography screening for women in South Africa who cannot afford. All funds are donated to the Screen Her Save Her non-profit. 1 day, 3 workouts, each workout representing a stage of the breast cancer treatment journey.
- Teams of 4 (MMFF)
- 3 separate events/ WOD's that must be done on a Saturday at your local CrossFit gym.
- Each workout will focus on a different stages:
- Event 1 = The Unknown (representing the 1st diagnosis and not knowing what to expect)
- Event 2 = The Hardship (representing the hardship and treatment journey that women need to undergo.
- Event 3 = The Victory (representing the celebration of the end of treatment and the road to remission).
- Scores will not be vetted and we trust in the integrity of all athletes competing and taking part in this fundraiser for a great cause.
- Monies raised will be donated to the Screen Her Save Her non-profit.
- Our goal is to raise enough money for 200 screenings (200 team entries).
- Registration options:
- Team only = R1200.00 (R300 per athlete)
For any event related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org